- Computational Fluid Dynamics : Hydrodynamics, Magneto-hydrodynamics & Radiative transfer.
- Theoretical star formation : Accretion disk physics, Jets and Outflow formation.
- Particle Acceleration in AGN jets : Modeling Non-Thermal spectral signatures
- Inter-Stellar Medium : Shock-Cloud Interaction, Collapse of molecular cores, Shock induced chemistry.
- Astrophysical Code Development : MPI Parallel Programming, Visualization software tools, best practices of coding with C and Python.
List of Recent Selected Published Works
There is considerable observational evidence of implosion of magnetic loop systems inside solar coronal active regions following high-energy events like solar flares. In this work, we propose that such collapse can be modeled in three dimensions quite accurately within the framework of ideal magnetohydrodynamics. We furthermore argue that the dynamics of loop implosion is only sensitive to the transmitted disturbance of one or more of the system variables, e.g., velocity generated at the event site. This indicates that to understand loop implosion, it is sensible to leave the event site out of the simulated active region. Toward our goal, a velocity pulse is introduced to model the transmitted disturbance generated at the event site. Magnetic field lines inside our simulated active region are traced in real time, and it is demonstrated that the subsequent dynamics of the simulated loops closely resemble observed imploding loops. Our work highlights the role of plasma β in regards to the rigidity of the loop systems and how that might affect the imploding loops’ dynamics. Compressible magnetohydrodynamic modes such as kink and sausage are also shown to be generated during such processes, in accordance with observations.
Density evolution along a field line showing indicatication of the standing sausage wave oscillation.
2. Runge-Kutta Legendre Method for Parabolic PDEs in PLUTO code : Application to Thermal Conduction Problems.
Effect of Anisotropic Thermal conduction in the problem of 2D blast wave.
Strong scaling test for the newly implemented Runge-Kutta Legendre Method in PLUTO code.
Time evolution of density (X-Y plane) of interaction of 3D self-gravitating cloud with weak shock
Formation of short wavelength pressure driven instabilities in density of jet column with toroidal magnetic field lines.
The dominant kink mode for current driven instability seen in the density along turbulent current sheets.
Comparison of Sod Shock tube solution for Ideal EoS and EoS which depends on H/He composition and has non-constant adiabatic index.
Effect of H/He EoS in the solution of 2D axi-symmetric MHD jet in comparison to ideal EoS.