Ph.D., Astronomy & Astrophysics,
August 2008 - October 2011.
Thesis: Theory of Disks and Outflows around Young Massive Stellar Objects.
Supervisors: Dr. Christian Fendt , Dr. Henrik Beuther
September, 2011 - Jan, 2014.
February, 2014 - April 2017
May 2017 - Present
Tutor for ”Gravitation Theory” Course.
Winter semester 2009-2010.
PHYS2320 : Computing 2 Course
Winter Semester 2011-12 and 2012-13
AA 201 : Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
AA 472/672 : Galactic and Extragalactic Astronomy
Spring Semester 2017-18, 2018-19
AA 601N : Astrophysical Fluids and Plasma
AA 602N : Advanced Topics in Astronomy and Astrophysics (Star Formation and Evolution)
Technical Skills & Expertise
Applications : Matlab, IDL, Mathematica, VisIt, Paraview
Codes Used: PLUTO (Mignone et al., 2007), MG (Falle et al., 2003).
Code Development Expertise:
- Co-developer of a massively parallelized grid based code for Computational Astrophysics : PLUTO
- Lead developer of MPI Parallelized Lagrangian particle module in conjunction with grid architecture of PLUTO code for hybrid simulations.
- Developed the molecular chemistry module with radiative processes & associated equation of state for Astrochemical simulations.
- Lead developer of pyPLUTO: A GUI visualisation toolkit, a python based GUI to visualise 2D and 3D data obtained from PLUTO.
Awards, Grants & Honors
- Appointed as the Head of the Partner Group of Max Planck Institute of Astronomy, Heidelberg at IIT Indore to work on "Simulating AGN Jets in the Era of Multi-messenger Astronomy"
- Extra Mural Research Grant from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) for a period of three years [2017-2020]
- Successful in winning the grant as a PI of 1 million CPU hours at Eurora cluster of CINECA, Italy for the project of developing particle module for PLUTO code.
- Awarded with ”Klaus Tschira Stipendium” for 3 years by Heidelberg Graduate School of Fundamental Physics to carry out Doctoral Studies in Heidelberg, 2008-2011.
- Ranked among the top 1% in National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE) conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers in 2006.
- Secured first merit rank for B.Sc. Physics and second among all Sciences at the University of Mumbai, 2006.
- Honored with Shri. P.R. Thatte Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in Physics, 2005-06.
Conferences and Workshops
- The Astronomical Society of India ASI 2018; February 5th to February 9th 2018 - [Oral Presentation]
- Conference on Plasma Simulation; Indian Institute of Science; IISc; 18th - 19th January 2018 - [Oral Presentation]
- Plasma Universe and its Structure Formation; IUCAA, Pune, 30th August to 1st September 2017 - [Oral Presentation]
- Star and Planet Formation : Insights & Intricacies ; Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram, 05-07 December 2016 - [Oral Presentation]
- ASTRONUM 2015, Maison de la Simulation, France, Paris and University of Alabama,Huntsville organized at Avignon, France, 07-12 June, 2015 - [Oral Presentation]
- AGILE: 8 and Counting, organized at the Agenzia Spaziale Italiana (ASI Headquarters), Rome, May 25-26, 2015 - [Oral Presentation]
- The Olympian Symposium on Star Formation, University College London, organized at Paralia Katerini, Greece, 26-30 May, 2014 -[Poster]
- The Annual Meeting of the German Astronomical Society, AG2013 – Waves and Particles: Multi-Messengers from the Universe, University of Tuebingen, 24-27 September, 2013 - [Poster]
- Visitor Seminar at the Department of Physics, University of Torino, Italy, 12th September 2013 - [Oral Presentation]
- Visitor Seminar at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, Jan. 2013 & Jan 2016 - [Oral Presentation]
- Visitor Seminar at the Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India, 3 January2013 - [Oral Presentation]
- APCTP Workshop on Astrophysics: Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics, Pohang, APCTP Headquarters, POSTECH Campus, South Korea, 19-22 November 2012 - [Oral Presentation]
- Advances in Computational Astrophysics: methods, tools and outcomes, Cefalu, June 2011 - [Poster]
- Internal Symposium, MPI Astronomy Heidelberg, Germany , May 2011 - [Oral Presentation]
- International Summer Institute for Modeling in Astrophysics (ISIMA), Santa Cruz, US, July - Aug 2010 - [Oral Presentation]
- ”From Stars to Galaxy”, Gainesville, Florida, April 2010 - [Poster]
- Participated in 39th Saas Fee Advanced course - ” Magnetic fields of Stars from the Sun to Compact Objects ”, Les Diablerets, Switzerland, March 2009
- Attended the IMPRS Summer school 2008 - ”Art and Craft of Astronomical Instrumentation”, Heidelberg, Germany, Sept. 2008.
- Part of Vacation Students Research Program (VSRP), IUCAA, Pune, India 2007 -[Oral Presentation]
- Participated in Winter School on Astro-particle physics, Ooty, India, 2006